Indian Thriller - Girly Man (English Lyrics) Too funny!

Go down

Indian Thriller - Girly Man (English Lyrics) Too funny!

Post by Nicki on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:30 pm

12-17-2012, 06:23 PM

nayla;44817 wrote:Is a 2007 clip...LOL:haha2:

Nicki

Back to top Go down

Re: Indian Thriller - Girly Man (English Lyrics) Too funny!

Post by Nicki on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Thunder;44885 wrote:I don't get it. Is this an Indian version of Thriller, with Indian words, but someone decided to turn it into a joke and write what they hear as phonetic English? 

Two things I don't like about this:
1) associating the Thriller with a Girly Man - Are they making fun of Michael?
2) shouting, kill her, over and over - Violence is not funny.

Sorry if I'm reading this the wrong way.....
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicki on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:31 pm

nayla;45382 wrote:@Thunder Oh no [MENTION=47]Thunder[/MENTION]..sorry ..actually I just realized the clip alone, without a little feedback might give a wrong impression. Let me tell you that this is a small clip from a '90 indian movie called "Kondaveeti Donga featuring Tollywood (movies shot in the Telegu language, second to Bollywood in terms of popularity) They ripped off Michael Jackson's Thriller concept, added dance moves from Beat It. DUH! it just means "shoot the bullet" This is a 'mondegreen' (or a 'buffalax')The guy who did this - Mike Sutton a.k.a Buffalax, is a legend! Smile

Indians are always good for a laugh but this was absolutely not .against MJ

Movie Plot
Raja goes to town for higher studies with the donation of people living in a tribal village. He returns back to his village after the studies. He then finds the sufferings of his people and how they are cheated local heads.He then fills confidence in his men and tells them that they should face these illegal in the court of law. But this duo makes the villagers fools and Raja's attempts goes in vain. Few villagers get hurt by this act suicide as they have no other option and the blame is on Raja as he has forced them. Raja is selected for IAS but he rejects it and decides to fight against the villains and changes to a Robinhood avatar and names himself as Kondaveti Donga. He punishes the illegal and stands by the villagers thus all his folk starts admiring him. Trouble starts when the villains start doing mischief in the name of him. An inspector comes to his place to catch hold of him. Radha her sister, working as a doctor knows his true identity and starts loving him. How this kondaveti donga punished the fraud people or is he caught by the police or what happens to him forms the rest of the story.
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicki on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:32 pm

Thunder;45418 wrote:

Originally Posted by nayla 
Oh no @Thunder..sorry ..actually I just realized the clip alone, without a little feedback might give a wrong impression. Let me tell you that this is a small clip from a '90 indian movie called "Kondaveeti Donga featuring Tollywood (movies shot in the Telegu language, second to Bollywood in terms of popularity) They ripped off Michael Jackson's Thriller concept, added dance moves from Beat It. DUH!

What about the lyrics shown in English? Were those part of the movie too? Did someone take that scene from the movie and add their own English words that are phonetically similar to the dialogue in the movie? Or, are those the words that he is really singing?

it just means "shoot the bullet" This is a 'mondegreen' (or a 'buffalax')The guy who did this - Mike Sutton a.k.a Buffalax, is a legend! 

What means "shoot the bullet"? Girly Man? 

Indians are always good for a laugh but this was absolutely not .against MJ

Good to know.

Thank you for explaining that Nayla. But I am not convinced. Doing a Thriller scene and calling the man who is obviously playing Michael a Girly Man sounds like an insult. If the English lyrics were put there by someone who has nothing to do with the movie, then I think that person who created the YouTube video is making fun of Michael. If the English words were part of the movie, then I admit I do not understand the cultural dynamics. 

thank you
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicki on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:33 pm

nayla;45421 wrote:

What about the lyrics shown in English? Were those part of the movie too? Did someone take that scene from the movie and add their own English words that are phonetically similar to the dialogue in the movie? Or, are those the words that he is really singing?

What means "shoot the bullet"? Girly Man?

The nature of the plot is very social and the dance routine is a  “homages” to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” music video.
It sound pretty clear that the clip dialogues are in indian language and the English lyrics are a direct interpretation of the indian song verses (from a phonetic point of view, no a proper translation) made by this dude Mike Sutton a.k.a Buffalax. (he did many others). The words are senseless, but totally funny (at least talking abt indian sense of humour).
Not having contact with indian culture, I agree with you that it might sound "weird".
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum