Flashback: Madonna Mashes Up 'Like a Virgin' With 'Billie Jean'

Go down

Flashback: Madonna Mashes Up 'Like a Virgin' With 'Billie Jean'

Post by Nicki on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:19 am

03-29-2013, 07:04 PM

nayla;58100 wrote:The medley was a regular part of her 1985 Virgin tour

The penultimate song of every performance was "Like a Virgin." In a recreation of her infamous 1984 MTV Video Music Awards performance, Madonna wore a white wedding dress and writhed around on the floor at the end. Midway through the song she sang a few lines from Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," long before mash-ups were the rage. The two pop giants were never that close, but they had a ton of respect for each other. "When he moved, he had the elegance of Fred Astaire and packed the punch of Muhammad Ali," she said shortly after Jackson died. "His music had an extra layer of inexplicable magic that didn't just make you want to dance but actually made you believe you could fly, dare to dream, be anything that you wanted to be. Because that is what heroes do, and Michael Jackson was a hero."

Read more:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/flashback-madonna-mashes-up-like-a-virgin-with-billie-jean-20130328#ixzz2OxOmTlcN
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Re: Flashback: Madonna Mashes Up 'Like a Virgin' With 'Billie Jean'

Post by Nicki on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:20 am

Zipper;58104 wrote:

she said shortly after Jackson died.

I appreciate her kind words after he passed. There's an old saying that goes something like: give flowers to the living. They may have been able to have a friendship if those kind words were said to him. JMO.
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicki on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:20 am

mjj4everinourhearts;58149 wrote:Very true [MENTION=60]Zipper[/MENTION]! 

I believe she also mentioned how everyone turned their back or a blind eye!  It is a shame everyone shoulda, coulda, woulda after he fact! Where was everyone when he needed them the most JMO
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicki on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:21 am

foralltime1;58156 wrote:She strikes me as someone who may have been so caught up in the details of her life (dominating the world and having a huge career) that she forgot about the beauty derived from simpler things in life (friendships and compassion).  Michael said in the Rabbi's book that he felt Madonna softened some since becoming a mother and raising a family and I tend to agree with him there.  She certainly seems to have some different priorities at this stage of her life.
Nicki

Back to top Go down

mikezgyrl;58161 wrote:[MENTION=60]Zipper[/MENTION] .... applause  On point.  As usual... clap

You're right also [MENTION=83]foralltime1[/MENTION]!!! applause  

She did calm down later, but she showed her a$$ way back when ... (though not nearly as bad as wifey dearest :homer:).  Her speech after Michael's death brought me to tears, but I couldn't help but think of her ego.  

Michael said it was jealousy and I think:  yeah, that too .... but I also think that -like exWifeNstein :homer:, her ego was bruised when she offered him the goodies and he said "no thanks".  Some very narcissistic women can't take that kind of rejection from any man, but are even less accepting of it from a man who they feel should be "fawning" over them.  :vomit:

:soapbox:

In the case of Madonna, she erroneously thought herself Michael's equal (in musical terms and success).  She also thought that she possessed style and sex-appeal; therefore, she could "make Michael over" and she said as much.  She also thought that since she was the object of every man's fantasies, Michael should have been thrilled to be thrilled by her.  WRONG!  She couldn't take that not only was he far more successful, but that he snubbed her and refused her advances.  He was very apparently turned O.F.F. by her bold and aggressive displays.

Same with wifeZILLA. :homer:  She erroneously thought she was Michael's SUPERIOR because of  her Father's career accomplishments.  I can't help but think she fancied herself more street savvy and "in touch" than Michael.  She; too, thought that she could "school" him and mold him into what she wanted him to be with both her last name and that thing called "whip appeal". :rolleyes:  Well, she GOT whipped and she got schooled too.  Then she spent several years bashing and trashing cause her ego was bruised and she was publicly humiliated by a man that she once thought was too naive to understand relationships smh and had never had one as significant as theirs before her or since. :doh:  STILL, can't believe she was arrogant enough to say that. :blink:

I appreciate that they apparently have consciences and regret what they did.  Their remorse is touching, but Michael is dead so they can really do us all a favor and just .... really -just have a seat and seal those pie holes. 🍃
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Zipper;58164 wrote:

Originally Posted by mik€zgyr£ 
Her speech after Michael's death brought me to tears, but I couldn't help but think of her ego.

This applause and everything else LOL. funny

Look, I'm the last person to have a kind word for this woman. I never liked her. I lived in NYC when she was up and coming and I didn't like her then so I've been consistent. That being said heha I didn't appreciate her MTV speech at all. I always wished Prince did the speech instead because he and Michael had a respectful competition for the most part. I know Prince got his dig in on Mike at times. Still, Prince doesn't need an army behind him to deal with his regrets if he even has any. Again, these two did get along despite media reports and some of the animosity came from Prince's rejection from Latoya. 

I never abandoned this man. If Madonna did she did; it's no crime but, walk the walk yourself and take your version of Human Nature with you. :smug:

sorry for the rant 🍃
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicki on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:22 am

Nicki;58191 wrote:I can't help but laugh when I think of what Mike said in the Rabbi tapes heha

Madonna: "this is the finger I used last night..."

Michael: "Oh Madonna please!" blush 

Can you imagine his face when she said that?! roflmao

Sorry I know my mind is in the gutter but ^^^ is hysterical heha
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicki on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:22 am

nayla;58196 wrote:[MENTION=83]foralltime1[/MENTION] I totally agree with you and this is "Human nature" ..you grown up, you understand and acquire new values in life and ..priorities changes.

Same with wifeZILLA.

crazy_grinlolzlmao @mik€zgyr£ oh Kathy you really obsessed of :vomit: 
well...I dislike her very much too :pout:

I never like Madonna especially when when she was up...no class at all and a very "simple" message that mean almost nothing to me. She was the typical example of USA new music ...professional, big money to put into promotions, concerts and launch but ..talent it was something missing somewhere, especially and considering what UK musical "panorama" was at that time.
When I saw the clip I was still and again :doofus:& :blah: on how she acted and ...dressed (so volgar) but ...the mash with 
"Beat it" was not bad..I have to admit😉

I would personally avoid to talk abt EGO...geeee..all artists have a big one...MJ EGO it was not a joke LOL

[MENTION=6]Nicki[/MENTION]  LOL dielaughing That's his face...:nuts:
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum