Documentary About The Fans

Go down

Documentary About The Fans

Post by Nicki on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:41 pm

08-06-2013, 01:42 AM

2high2getover;74021 wrote:First and foremost, I'd like to ask you all to please excuse the title. no It's unfortunately not within my control. If you have time, I'd like to know your opinions on these videos. Smile It' a documentary that aired in the U.K around the time of the trial in '04/'05. It was actually one of the last things I watched before I switched off altogether. 

It follows the journey of the lives of 'Super Fans', what Michael means to them, and their mission to meet him. It's also about them coming together to show support for him. Some of these people are still active in the community in various forms. Have you come across any of them? Do you feel that they were portrayed in a positive way? How much would you be willing to sacrifice to meet Michael?

I apologise in advance for some foul language used towards the end. ashamed

Nicki

Back to top Go down

Re: Documentary About The Fans

Zipper;74026 wrote:I never saw this! I'll take some time to watch it and come back. yes
Nicki

Back to top Go down

foralltime1;74048 wrote:[MENTION=215]2high2getover[/MENTION]

Wow!  Never heard of this one...have to take the time to watch it this week....THANKS!blow kiss
Nicki

Back to top Go down

dewey;74125 wrote:Same with me, [MENTION=215]2high2getover[/MENTION]. I've never seen it but I will very much enjoy when I do watch it. thank you
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Pocketsizedlion;74127 wrote:I remember watching this when they aired it on Channel 4! Thanks for posting the videos again, would like to watch it again Smile
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicki on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:42 pm

2high2getover;74133 wrote:@Pocketsizedlion We must have watched it at the same time. yes I'd love to know what you thought of it Smile
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Pocketsizedlion;74136 wrote:[MENTION=215]2high2getover[/MENTION] we must of done!

I was 14/15 when it was on, so i was quite young but i remember watching it and admiring all the fans, i vaguely remember the bit where two fans arrived at Neverland and they literally just missed Michael outside in the grounds with his children? I think thats what happened :chin: i've gotta sit down and watch this again though! I remember so many people saying how this documentary was much better and more positive then LWMJ.
Nicki

Back to top Go down

CarleyMJ;74165 wrote:I have not seen this but I will def come back here  and watch it this week.
Nicki

Back to top Go down

foralltime1;74271 wrote:I watched the full documentary and I guess the main thing that I feel compelled to say is that devotion runs on a continuum.  The docu had some intriguing and enormous extremes displayed here, but the root motivation for these individuals was simply…..LOVE.  heartbeat

Why do these people love Michael so much?  They see the best of humanity in him because they have the clarity of vision enough to see the authenticity of his spirit and without exception.  I take issue with some people calling this phenomenon a “cult” or “worship” although I do understand where they see the parallels, however.  We all have to have reasons to hold onto faith (not just spiritual faith, but it could be included in the mix) and hope….we all need HEROES.  And it seems like Michael is a hero for the most part when it comes to the people interviewed.  It is not to say that they find him perfect or God like, but his message is something they can hold onto because it nurtures their innate, deep seated need to feel HOPEFUL in this world.  

I have never come across any of these people, but I rarely visit most sites.  I feel the camera crew had a negative slant in portraying these individuals (the title makes their intentions abundantly clear), but honestly, the dignity, sweetness and loyalty they all portrayed made it impossible for me to feel that agenda was fulfilled.  Others may feel differently, but that’s how I feel.

How much would I be willing to sacrifice to meet Michael?  That is a very interesting question and one that I’ve never personally been asked.  I feel that Michael gave all I am entitled to have when he gave his music and art.  I would not seek to meet him in most circumstances because I value his personal privacy and wouldn’t want to be a nuisance.  It’s clear he loves his fans, but I can show my devotion to him simply by leaving him in peace and enjoying what he’s put out in the world for our enjoyment.
Nicki

Back to top Go down

mjj4everinourhearts;74344 wrote:Finally got the chance to sit down and watch all of this..

Devotion.. why not a beautiful human being....full of love for his fans...

Thanks for sharing these video's
Nicki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down